At a meeting facilitated by Brighton and Hove Housing Coalition on Monday 14th January 2019 the following resolution was agreed.
Brighton General Hospital Action Group
This coalition* is united by three principles:
- That the Brighton General Hospital be retained 100% as public land and in public accountability.
- That the Brighton General Hospital be dedicated to two uses:
Council housing at social rents.
- That the Joint venture proposal, or any other proposal, to build on the Whitehawk Hill Local Nature Reserve be rejected and that the integrity of this public resource be fully respected.
Brighton General Hospital Action Group is a coalition is made up of:
- Save Whitehawk Hill
- Sussex Defend the NHS (SDNHS)
- Brighton and Hove Housing Coalition.
For further information contact:
Barry Hughes, Press Officer, Brighton and Hove Housing Coalition,
8 The Laurels, Bromley Road, Brighton BN2 3GE.
01273 82356 – 07946040047 – email@example.com
Events Coming Up
The Brighton and Hove Housing Coalition warmly invites residents of our city to attend The Housing Hustings 2019. Labour, Conservative, Green, and Liberal Democratic parties have confirmed their attendance and the Hustings will be covered by the BBC.
As well as the housing spokesperson for each group, prospective councillors for every ward will be invited.
The Full agenda for the night and confirmed guests will be announced nearer 11 April.
- Have you personally suffered from the Housing Crisis?
- Have you have lived in Emergency or Temporary accommodation?
- Do you work and spend most of your income on rent?
- Are you finding it hard to get on the property ladder?
- Have you been evicted or live in inappropriate accommodation
- Is your accommodation healthy and safe
- Have you other housing issues you want to raise?
This is your time to get answers before the local election in May.
Please RSVP. Details of how to submit questions will be circulated in April
Refreshments will be available on the night as well as information on the Housing Coalition, Street Advocacy Workshops for Campaigners and Community Workers, policy documents and the work of housing groups throughout the City.